Friday, June 16, 2006

Church Camp

Back From Church Camp yesterday. Overall, a nice and fun camp.
The first day, we arrived at the Sofitel Palm Resort at around 1pm, had lunch then games until around 4pm as the rooms were not ready yet. After checking in to our rooms, we soon had dinner at 6pm. After dinner, we had our first service session of coming together and worshipping the Lord. It ended at 10pm. As soon as the service had ended, some immediately went to look at the scoreline of the two soccer teams playing that night. I went back to my room and watched the remaining half and soon went to sleep.
The second day, we woke up at 7am, got ready for the morning devotion at 7.30am. After the devotion, we had our breakfast at 8am. The second service session started and ended at around 12pm. After lunch, we had some games and then free time. We went to the sports centre and played table tennis and bowling. We had dinner once again at 6pm. Session 3 was at 7pm and ended at 10pm. I went to Joshua's room (Lionel and Nicholas sharing that room as well) and watched the Telecast of the live match that day. We ordered pizza and after eating the pizza, I went back to my room and slept.
The third day, was the most relaxing...lol... Breakfast, Session 4, lunch. After Lunch was FREE TIME from 1pm to 6pm. I went with Joshua, Nicholas, Bryan, Xiangting and daphne to play Chess at the Library there first, took about an hour... then, went for bowling all the way till 6.30pm. We had dinner, Session 5 and after the service, Nicholas, me, Joshua, Shunpei, Bryan went to WanEr and Rachel's room. We ordered two pizzas and a salad, which rachel did not eat in the end..haha... We played Murderer through squeezing of hands as well. We watched the show "Totally Spies" haha...and WanEr played with the match and insect repellant. They went for a early morning walk and when they came back, I went back to my room to sleep at 1.30am.
The last day, we had devotion once again, breakfast, session 6. We checked out after the session and went for lunch at a restaurant. Qiaolin was still not well as she did not eat much. We went for Shopping after lunch. We spent about an hour or so there. I bought a Barney Toy with music for Qiaolin and Pooh bear Toy with the words Happy Birthday for Vanessa as both their birthdays had passed and i did not get anything from them that day. Felt bad as I couldn't get anything else for others because I did not have any more money with me and did not know my Mom had 200 with her...-_-
I enjoyed this camp as I got to know others better and the Sessions were really Great, especially the Speaker Robert Lum. He talked about GLOWING, the HOLY SPIRIT and EVANGELISM. It was really meaningful and interesting. Looking forward to more camps and sessions like these.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home